It's amazing how much things can change in a year. When we found out I was pregnant last year the list of things we needed to do and buy grew and grew. One item on the list was "get rid of our sporty, sexy, Lexus for a more family friendly and safe vehicle". Enter our new 2009 Subaru Forester with all the bells and whistles. I blogged about our new car and how it fit into our plan to be "budget conscious." Little did we know how much we were going to learn about doing just that! Did we know or even think I would be quitting my job when Baby Dawson arrived? Nah. Realize I would be driving in one week the equivalent of what I use to drive in one day to work and back? Nope. We needed this car, people!
I thank the angels in high heaven every day that we were able to figure out a way for me stop working and stay at home with Little Dog for a while. And a leather-trimmed, MP3-playing, brand spanking new car is not a requirement for me to be able to do that. So it's gone!
Now we're in search for an oldie but goodie at the moment. And very grateful that Michael's parents have a third car on hand that we are able to borrow in the meantime. Stay tuned....


2 comments:
just saw an add for two used cars at school today...I'll check it out tomorrow for you! ML odom
i hate car payments. when we paid cooper's car off in 2007 i said never again. that's why i drove my old land rover 'til it had 120000 miles on it and cooper's pathfinder has about 170k on it right now. i'm even contemplating letting him have my volvo when his finally dies and getting---gasp!!---a cheap minivan at the car sale in gainesville. (ick boo hiss!)
Post a Comment