Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hello Fall















Aaaahhhhhh! It finally feels like fall. And with fall comes football...Georgia Football! I hadn't been to a game in two years since last year I had our precious bun in the oven. I was just a little excited to be able to escape with Michael up to Athens this weekend for the UGA/LSU game. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and the atmosphere was awesome. Grandma and Grandpa K kept Marshall for us all day long starting at 8:30 AM. From what I heard he had a blast flying around their hardwoods in walker my mom found for ten bucks on Craig's list all afternoon (while he wasn't playing with her Swiffer).

Meanwhile, Michael and I tailgated with his Dad and Uncle in their usual spot and got lucky enough to see a few buddies throughout the day as well. My sorority even had an alumni tailgate set up near our old college tailgate spot. Of course, I made Mike swing by with me to meet the next generation of Delta Gamma's. I entertained (er...bored?) the girls with stories from my glory days in the house on South Milledge Avenue and how the "DG Anchor Man" the became my husband.

When we made it into the stadium and around the field for the obligatory walk by the cheerleaders and student section....something happened. Michael and I looked up and saw this kid. Dressed as the exclamation point. In his white undies. With a red strainer on his head.














And all I could think was, "Good gawd. This kid is some one's sweet baby boy just like my own. Heaven help me. Please let me never find out if Marshall is having this much fun at a football game."

1 comment:

Renee said...

LOL!!! I agree! Let's hope we never find out our kids are having as much fun as we did in college! Let's just continue to think of them as the little angels that they are now.