Since joining the SAHM club I've found that most challenging part is making an effort everyday to get out and about in the world - don't get me wrong, it's much easier than it use to be - but the thought of timing our outings around napping, then packing bottles, diapers, back-up clothes, snacks, toys, the stroller, the shopping cart cover, etc. seems a little daunting some days. Oh, but I learned quickly that it is VERY important and crucial to mental sanity.
When I was a little girl my mom always took me to "library school". I don't remember much about it except that I LOVED it. My efforts to keep both Little Dog and myself entertained during our days together have included Gymboree for the past month, playgroups, lunch outings, park visits, the list goes on. We have another one to add to the list - library school! We tried it for the first time this morning and he loved it. He sang, clapped, and met new buddies. Oh, and we got to do all this for FREE!
The Suwanee Public Library is awe-some. THey have storytime twice a week for kiddos under 2. I'll tell ya - that's where everyone is hanging out and I didn't even know we were missing out! Lucky for us the library is less than a mile away. Can you tell I am a little excited?
4 comments:
mother takes mm to the toddler program at the collins hill library for me. mom says mm gets a kick out of it. :-)
The Douglasville Library does a FABULOUS storytime too!!! I used to take Hudson when I was a SAHM. :-( Next year I re-join the club and I'll be taking two tykes to storytime! Love it!!!! Heads up though: they get EXTREMELY packed out during summer and breaks when everyone is out of school! Also, for a longer exursion: you should consider taking Marshall to the Children's Museum in Atlanta. The second Tuesday of every month you get in free starting at 1:00! Same as the other...go during school so you don't have the crowds! He'd LOVE it!
I'm jealous. I want to go to storytime at the library... for me.
We love storytime too!!!!
Post a Comment