Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Party, Party, Party

I sometimes get teased for loving birthday parties so much. Well, parties in general. So I was definitely excited when Michael told me he wanted throw a small birthday party for my 30th. Although both he and my mom vetoed my suggestion for a 70's theme party with costume required for attendance. Thank goodness there are people out there willing to stop the cheese before it starts. Barry and Arlene hosted it in their beautiful finished basement. We invited our in-town family and friends (along with the kiddos) for an evening of food and birthday fun. Boy, our parties have changed! Babies strapped to our bodies and toddlers running around in the back yard! It's a new, different kind of fun.
.
Since I am the Chief Picture Taker of our family, we didn't get many shots of the actual party. I did manage to get a few before everyone arrived though.

Mr. Marshall looked so handsome and grown up in his special party outfit.



We have some wonderful friends and family. We laughed about how far we have come, most of us are turning 30 within the next year. My friend, Ash, was even at my 16th birthday party (sporting her jean skirt and jacket, of course!). We remember turning 21 like it was yesterday. The old folks are right...time does fly the older you get!

Thanks everyone for making it such a special celebration!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

No shame in loving parties! I love a girl who will use any excuse to have a a good time with good people!

Carrie Davis said...

We had a lot of fun - Charlotte was exhausted when we got home :)