Monday, September 21, 2009

End of the Hunger Strike

Not sure what happened exactly but Little Dog decided he likes food again. It seemed to happen overnight. He hadn't really eaten solid food for a month (except for the carrot massacre). Then, last week, he began opening his mouth for the spoon again. And eating more than ever before! I'm not even going to TRY to figure it out - I'm just the mom. Through the whole ordeal he did remain loyal to one thing...puffs. I think he has an addiction.

"Mmmmm, puffs."

It was a soggy, rainy weekend. Our plans to take M to his first parade at the Suwanee Day festival got sogged out. Major bummer. We did, however, get to go to Uncle Lou and Aunt Naomi's house for dinner last night. We were all entertained watching Marshall and Scout-the-dog have fun figuring each other out. Lou and Naomi were great hosts.
So fun to watch them settle into married life...they're already pros!

Grandpa and Grama celebrating the end of the hunger strike with Marshall.

Got a few things on tap for this week including planning the social we are hosting for our buddies at church next weekend. Our group there gets together each month and we are in charge this time. I came up with the idea to have a Chili Cook-off! SO EXCITED! I love me a good theme party! I already picked up the sampling cups and am working on competition logistics. Bring on the fall!

Until next time...here are a few pix of the little man. He's such a character.

It's pretty awesome having someone that thinks I am THIS funny.

"Eeeeee, Ey, yay, yay, yay, yay!"

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I bet that ice cream last night would have ended the hunger strike if he hadn't already decided to eat solids again!

Carrie Beth said...

Let me just say that Handley is still obsessed with Puffs and can't wait for Harper to start eating them so they'll be in our pantry again.