I finally admitted to myself that Michael is right - my workout wardrobe is so shabby that it belongs in a dumpster somewhere...and my sleeping clothes are beyond absolutely pathetic. Some I know I have had since freshman year in college.
So I make my plan and give myself the green light to go to TJMaxx and buy some new threads. Spend money on myself?! YES! Do it!
It was perfect timing - M took an awesome morning nap. I figure I have time to swing by brother's for a quick visit and then to TJ's down the street. We finally make it to TJ's and I know my time is limited. I am walking the aisles more intently then ever before - like a lion after its prey. Dang, I pick up some awesome stuff! This is great. (M is getting cranky - arching his back in the stroller and getting loud). I sing to him, let him hold my findings, he gets louder.
Some lady comments how cute he is and also notes that he looks like he is not a fan of shopping (typical man). Better get in line now before the time bomb explodes. I turn the corner and head for the checkout -- what the heck!? Why are there so many people in line here? Don't you people work? I thought this was supposed to be a perk of being a SAHM - no lines in the stores during the day! Little Dog is screaming - he's over it. You should have known better, Allison. People are staring - I drop all my new awesome clothes and bolt.
Oh, how I yearn for those times when I escaped during a lunch break and wasted as much time in the dressing room as I wanted.
2 comments:
love it! this too will pass.
This made me laugh out loud!
Post a Comment