Tuesday, August 11, 2009

30


Today is the birthday of my dear friend, Carrie (aka Big C). Thirty years ago today she was born in Cleveland, Ohio. A week later, I made my appearance into the world at the very same hospital! 19 years later we met at the University of Georgia when I pledged Delta Gamma. Carrie was kind enough to adopt me as her "little sister". I don't think she had any idea what she was really signing up for. That is us at the top, circa 1999. My sophomore year at UGA.
.
She took care of me for all four years at college (and then some). She searched for me when I didn't even know I was lost wandering the streets of Jacksonville at the GA/FL game, toted me around Athens in her pink Splash truck for an entire year when I didn't have a car, assured me that I was better then many stupid boys at the time made me feel, was the constant giver of advice when I needed it (and still is).

She knew me before there was Michael, I knew her before there was Judd. We were each other's running partners and maids of honor. I'm so lucky to have her in my life and to be able to share so many milestones with her - including turning 30!


Happy Birthday, Big C!

1 comment:

Carrie Davis said...

Oh AL!!! Seriuosly, this post is such an awesome birthday present. What would I do without you?? Thanks for being there for me all of this time. Isn't it cool that we knew each other for our 20's and now I'm sure we'll be even closer for the next decade. Love ya, mean it.