Monday, February 23, 2009

Sleeping Through the Night

...is not something Marshall does yet.

And it seems that every other baby we come into contact with or read about is sleeping at least 6 hours stretches every once in a while. I've read that some of my friends' babies are sleeping upwards of 8 hours at time! Not our little buddy. He continues to wake up every two to three hours at night. And sometimes, when the moon and the stars are aligned in perfect order, he makes it four hours.

I heard 6 weeks was supposed to be the turning point ...6 weeks came and went...someone else told us that 2 months is the magical milestone. I know, I know, all babies are different...but our fingers are still crossed.
Since I haven't blogged in a week, here are a few new pictures and a short video of Marshall enjoying his time in the nude. Too cute!

Marshall meeting his Great Grandma Garmon for the first time (and cousin Abby)

Proud Mama

Marshall sporting his cute outfit from Grammy (size 3-6 mo, mind you!)


5 comments:

Drena said...

al- naked doesn't include a diaper!! J/k! :)

sorry about the sleep. Oliver is very good in that department.

The Lanier Family said...

Momma Kirch
First of all and most importantly that is an adorable baby! He is really really cute. His mom I have noticed has got the goofy baby talk voice down pat! I honestly can say I didn't think you would go there so quickly! Honey you rock at it. When you come back to work I hope you talk to me like that! :) We miss you! Love, J

Lauren said...

So cute! Davis didn't start sleeping through the night until 3months or so. I remember wondering if it would ever happen but I assure you it does. And then a couple months later he was up again, so we had to start him on baby food. Boys are little piggies :)

Carrie Davis said...

Poor Al. sorry that M wants to hang out at night..guess he just loves ya soooo much. hang in there!

Carrie Beth said...

Don't worry about the sleep...it WILL happen in time. Handley didn't sleep through the night until she was 9 months old!