Monday, February 16, 2009

The Magic Seat

The first five weeks Marshall was home with us we hauled his swing up and down our two flights of stairs all day long...up...down...up...down. We needed it so that we could put him down to eat, go to the bathroom, calm him when he was fussy. I think he only really likes the swing about 50% of the time...and it seems to have only one speed - fast! We did our best before Marshall was born to pick out equipment that we thought he would like....but of course you never know if they will until they get to try it for themselves.

So, last weekend we went to Babies R Us and invested in a bottom-of-the-line bouncey seat. It cost us $30. My hope was that we could keep the bouncey seat upstairs and the swing downstairs. To our surprise, it is a MAGIC seat! Marshall loves it...no music, no swinging, no dangling toys...just a nice little bounce and vibration and this kid is happy! Thank heavens! I can take a shower in peace now! I just prop him up in his seat outside the shower and he is happy as a clam. Who knew.

So now we haul the "magic seat" up and down our two flights of stairs all day instead.

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Something about the vibration and bouce makes kids so calm! I LOVE our bouncy seat and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm glad you've found something to help calm him down so you can have a moment or two to yourself!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

i got a bouncy seat for downstairs and the swing stays upstairs. it saves us from having to eat dinner and hold a baby in our arms too. what did mothers do without these wonderful inventions?!