Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Road to Recovery


I did it...I've committed myself to my first post-partum 5K. It's been nearly a year since I have run consistantly. I walked a good bit while I was pregnant...but the bigger (and slower) I got, the more I started to envy those who were wizzing by enjoying a nice endorphine-releasing run.

I have a month and a half to get my butt in gear. With Michael and BOB's help, I'm sure I will be able to get in shape enough to run 3.1 miles by March 14th.

Looks like a really fun race, too! The course runs through the UGA campus. Awesome! If anyone is interested in joining in the fun, you can register at: https://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/GAU/events/event_order.cgi?tmpl=events&event=2214579


2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Way to go! I'm sure you'll do fantastic. Take it easy, though...you're still recovering.

Carrie Beth said...

You go girl! That's a big goal, but I'm sure you'll do great.