Wednesday, January 7, 2009

He's Here!



And now, for the post we've all been waiting for...
Marshall Barry Dawson arrived on January 5th at 2:38 pm. He weighted 8 lbs, 11 oz and is 20.75 inches long. My labor started at 3:00 am on Monday morning (I didn't need an induction afterall!) and by the time we made it to Northside at 5:30 am I was already 4.5 cm dilated! The labor and delivery went pretty quick and better than we could have asked for. He's already had lots of visitors and is adjusting well to the world outside my belly!

Right now we are waiting for discharge from the hospital. They think we will be going home around 6:00 tonight. Marshall is doing fabulous. He is quite a hungry little guy. We are both trying to learn how to breastfeed but seem to be getting better as time goes on. He makes sweet noises and the cutest faces. We are officially in love!
Here are a few pictures from the last few days.





12 comments:

Mollypants said...

oooo Allison he's cute! He's a perfect blend of you and your husband. Congratulations! And by the way, when it comes my turn I hope I look half as good as you do after giving labor!

Carrie Davis said...

Marshall, Welcome to the world! He is so cute and perfect - I can't wait to watch him grow. You guys are already fabulous rents.

Clh03uga said...

He's amazing!!! A PERFECT blend of the both of you!!!! He's precious! Congratulations!

Lauren said...

Congrats!!! Yes Marshall and Davis will definitely have to meet each other. Love the last pic...holding them on your chest all snuggly is the best!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

congratulations!!!! he is precious and you look great, mama!!
i'm so happy for you!
lots of love, natalie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Allison on a beautiful little boy!

Drena said...

Yippee! So glad it went well for you and he is here! I can't wait to meet him. He looks precious.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Allison! He is so handsome!
Love, Terah

Renee said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Allison! Being a mother is the best thing in the whole world! Good luck! And welcome Marshall!

Carrie Beth said...

He's precious and I'm so happy for you guys. We can't wait to meet him in person!

Meredith said...

What a cutie! Congratulations!