Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Good Life
















Marshall is enjoying the good life. He will be three weeks old tomorrow and is starting to figure this whole thing out...snuggle, poop, burp, eat, sleep and start over again. As tired and exhausted as we are when he starts to wimper at 3 am, when morning rolls around we forget the battle we have often fought the night before and can do nothing but look at him in awe.

I made it through my first week flying solo with him at home. I say week, but Michael actually decided to take the day off on Friday to bond with his son and give me some time off. I met my dear friend Jessica for lunch for some much needed social interaction. When I came home I expected to find a frazzled husband and a crying, fussy baby...but instead found a baby that was snuggled peacefully up to his daddy's chest in the Bjorn and dad having checked off several items from the "to do" list! What a great Mister Mom Michael is.
The week included visits from the Davis Family, Grandpa, Grama, Uncle Louie, Grammy, Granddaddy, Steven, Kyle...and the most exciting of all - a 4 hour outing for MIchael and I thanks to Grama and Grandpa! Michael and I returned home after a lovely afternoon and found something almost as cute as Marshall himself...Grama and Grandpa quietly hanging out upstairs "just looking" at a sleeping baby Marshall. They had a wonderful hanging out with their grandson.
Here are some pictures from Marshall's third week at home including a visit from his girlfriend Charlotte and snuggle time with Grandpa and Uncle Lou..














1 comment:

Wells Family said...

I love this! I cannot get over how much he looks like you, Allison! We hope to see him again soon. As soon as we are all over the cold that is going around, we'll make a date! I love the pic with Ed, how sweet!