Thursday, January 27, 2011

Second Time Around

When I found out I was pregnant with #2, I immediately started to worry about how I would manage a two year old while running to the bathroom several times a day to get sick.   My early pregnancy with Marshall was awful.  I ate a solid diet of fried chicken and ginger candies.  There was nothing else I could do to feel decent.  I was also working at the time and regularly bolting from meetings with no forewarning or explanation.  I had just about every symptom in the book throughout the rest of my pregnancy...thankfully, the delivery was smooth and relatively easy.  I had already earned my stripes the 10 months leading up to that day.

This time around has been entirely different.  I've only gotten sick a handful of times and am eating a pretty regular diet (for a preggo lady, of course).  I was exhausted for several weeks but I seem to have turned the corner with more energy the last week or so.  Could it be that someone is looking down on me and sparing me the physical torture of the first trimester?   I will say that I've been a little more emotionally out-of-whack this time...you know, a little crazier than normal (poor Michael).  I've been dealing with it by reminding myself that these things, too, shall pass... 

I'm not sure if the difference means anything but I can't help but wonder if a little girl is cooking in there this time. Or maybe my body just has things figured out a little differently this time.  I honestly have no gut instinct and no preference whatsoever, just a wish for a health baby.  Only time will tell...we get a sneak peak at our little one next week and doc is willing to make a pink/blue guess (at only 12 weeks)!  Technology is amazing!

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

I don't know how I missed your last post, but somehow I did. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so excited for you all. Having two changes everything, but it is double the fun. I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or a girl. We found out at 13 weeks, so I hope you'll be able to have a "good guess" too. Do you still see Dr. Moore? I think he is the greatest.

Clh03uga said...

I missed it too!!! Yay!!!! So excited for you!!! I hope you get a girl ic that is what you want, but I have two boys and totally different pregnancies. I was CONVINCED Kendan was a girl because his was so easy. No sickness at all!!! Whatever it is you are so blessed! One of each or two boys...either way = FUN TIMES!