I am not sure how I have been stuck in the house for an entire week and not managed to pull together one little post. Guess we have been too busy shooting Nerf guns, weed whacking our carpet, and cooking up gourmet plastic food meals in M's new kitchen.
We ventured to the doc last week for the two year check-up. He was a real trooper this time. I am pretty sure he felt bamboozled after 20 minutes of friendly chit chat, ear checking, weighing, and measuring... only to get pinned down for two shots and a finger prick. Poor guy. I felt so bad I immediately promised a chocolate milkshake just like my mom use to do for me.
His stats are right on track for tall and skinny:
weight: 27 lbs (25-50%)
height: 36 inches (75-90%)
We also got the ok to move him off whole milk to the family jug. Oh, and a nice little pep-talk about potty training. I've decided to remain in denial about this for a little while longer. Finally, she said we wouldn't need to come back for another year, when he is 3. Chuckle, chuckle! I really appreciate folks with good optimism..especially doctors!
His favorite things to do include:
- Wrestling with his dad in a manner that resembles WWF
- Running and tackling his dad while screaming "Georgia Bulldogs!"
- Riding on dad's back like a horse
- Cooking in his hew play kitchen that he got from Grama and Grandpa for his birthday, along with my appliances that he drags out from the cabinets
- Weed whacking with his new power tool from Grammy and Grandad
- Watching Yo Gabba Gabba and Elmo
- Still loves vacuums, vacuuming, and vacuum attachments (hoping this sticks)
- Sleeping usually from 8 PM until 6 or 6:30 AM, napping for 1.5 to 2 hours
- Counting to 10 and sometimes 20
- Knows his ABC's and most of the colors
- Insists on standing on the chair to see what is going on in the kitchen at all times
- Is getting really good at "pretending"
- Loves kissing, touching, and visiting the babies of all our friends
- Follows his dad to the garage saying, "Here comes helper!"
- Is better at saying "please and thank you" than anyone else in our house!
- Is a sweet, sweet boy.
| Listening to the family serenade him at his birthday party last week... |
2 comments:
Love the last photo! They are getting so big!
Glad to see you're "back." I thought about you guys a lot this week!
Post a Comment