I have been hesitating to post about Thanksgiving because I am frustrated with the pictures I took. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of it, my skills bombed in a major way. White balance was off, shutter speed too slow, ugh...I should have just went back to AUTO mode. I've realized it is a whole lot easier to take good pictures outside than it is indoors.
Enough complaining...the good news is that we had a really good Thanksgiving day and long weekend break from our normal routine.
My parents were out of town so we didn't do the usual trot around Suwanee. We arrived at Barry and Arlene's early enough for Marshall to help out with some last minute preparations...like mixing the gravy.
Then we feasted on all the fixins' and a lucious turkey that Barry smoked on his green egg. Whew, it was as good as it looks...
We missed cousin Gabe (who had the flu, poor guy) and Uncle Curt, my parents, my brother and Aunt Omi (who were with Naomi's family for dinner), and the rest of the fam this year. But it was a nice, quiet and homey Thanksgiving. Marshall played on the floor with his favorite Ethan, took a bath and changed into his Santa PJs, and helped Grammy blow out birthday candles (at least half a dozen times) before heading home for a good slumber on a belly full of...not turkey, stuffing, potatoes, carrots...no, no, ice cream, cookies and crackers. Now that's another post for another day.
Hope everyone had a great one as well!
2 comments:
Whenever I've been really frustrated with photography - I usually discover I'm on the verge of a breakthrough!
OMG! He looks like such a big boy in his christmas pajamas!!!
Your pictures are great! I can't even imagine how much fun it is. I am so jealous and want an SLR so bad. Maybe Santa has one in store for me...
Post a Comment