A thing for walls?
The quest to master my camera continues. I was reviewing the shots I took at Oakland Cemetery this weekend with my photography class. It appears that I have a thing for walls...who knew. Not sure where that comes from but I think I am just attracted to the neat depth of field stuff you can do with an old wall. Oh, and if you've never visited this cemetery before, you definitely should...it's quite an awesome piece of history right in our own back yard.
Just a few more (without walls).
Since I was already in the same neck of the woods on Sunday, I joined some of my girlfriends from church at the Atlanta Day Shelter for Women and Children. We have been volunteering a few hours every couple of months this year. If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, this is a wonderful place to pitch in. They are always in need of a few extra hands (and donations, of course!). Check 'em out!
4 comments:
hey allison! i feel like a creepster b/c this is the first time I've ever commented on your blog. I've been following it through google reader for awhile now..don't even remember how I found it! I had to comment b/c a) your pics are getting good! and b) I think you are in the same photography class as my best friend Lindsey. She texted me this weekend saying she was going to Oakland Cemetary to take pics..so random!
Anyway, hope all is well. Your kiddo is adorable!!
Kara "Boudreaux" Savoian
PS I am also into photography..but haven't kept up with my blog in 2 years ;-(
How cool that you found me, Kara! Hope you are doing well! Thanks so much for leaving a post. I'll have to figure out if your friend really is in my class. I'm in there on Tuesday nights...cool!
Allison, these photos are great!
So impressed with your photography skills. And I want to volunteer with you! Call me the next time you go. Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving! xoxoxo
Post a Comment