

Seriously. You would think he really was the Energizer Bunny. I've known all along that bearing Michael's son would be exhausting. Like father, like son...this kid doesn't need a lot of sleep...and has no concept of just lounging around. Sometimes I'll catch him taking a quick break on the floor with his head down and thumb in his mouth. Of course as soon I look at him his head pops up as if he is saying, "What?! I'm not tired, I'm just resting for a second MOM!"
In an effort to wear our little guy out, we've implemented a new step in our nightly routine - a wagon ride around a few blocks. The fresh air seems to be good for all of us at the end of a long day. Aunt Patty and Aunt Barb's money was well spent on the Radio Flyer - I'm pretty sure Little Dog thinks he's cruising the neighborhood in style the way he smiles at the neighbors and sits with his little hand propped up on the side. We have to put the Bumbo seat in there for him right now since he is such a wiggle worm and not really focused on maintaining his balance while in the wagon.
So I continue to look for opportunities to wear him out during the day as well. Yesterday we attended a free trial class at Gymboree, a play and music class place for babies and toddlers. We joined the 6 to 10 month class. There were five boys and one girl. All but one of the boys were crawling - and then there was Marshall with his army crawl. I tell ya - he was faster and more agile on his belly than the boys were on their knees. All the more reason for me to believe he will most likely NOT use the traditional crawl before he figures out how to walk. Anyway - he LOVED Gymboree. We are both hooked on this place - now I just have to come to terms with the fact that the amount they charge per month is a RIP OFF but it just may be worth it. He slept for nearly two hours when we made it home.
2 comments:
There wasn't a Gymboree around when Gabe was little, but the Gwinnett Gymnastics Center offered the same kind of thing and Gabe LOVED it!!!! Every Thursday was Gym day and we had so much fun! When Ethan came along, we didn't need it anymore because Ethan just chased Gabe to get the same effect!! :)
Allison,
Boys will be boys. My son never ever seems to slow down, and he is 4 years old. He is usually the last one to fall asleep and the first one up in the morning. He will never sit and watch TV for more than 15 mins before he is jumping off the couch or running around the house. Compared to my girls he is just off the wall.
Post a Comment