Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

If there is one thing I am learning as a mom it is this - just when you think you have successfully jumped one hurdle another isn't far behind. Our latest source of discussion, debate, worry, concern - Little Dog decided he is no longer a fan of solids. This all started about a month ago and has continued to become more of an issue. His second tooth came in a few weeks ago so for a while we blamed it on that. Then he starting waking up at night again (help us all). I tore out all my parenting books and read and read...what is the deal!? What the heck is going on? Mike finally threatened to throw them all away.

So I picked up the phone this week and called the pediatrician's office. (Lord, I am becoming the neurotic first time mom I try so hard not to be.) I let them know I was sure this was just a "phase" and that I really wasn't expecting them to fix my problem...was just hoping for a little professional advice. The professional advice I received was this - he's probably just trying to be more independent. Let him feed himself, really dive in, make a mess, hold the spoon, throw food on the floor. We had let him do that in the past just for fun but never really tried to get him to eat while doing it. Mike gave it the first shot last night when I was out and had great success. So I let him be the boss again today.
.
The result: an orange, bloody massacre.
And boy did he love it - all the while eating the WHOLE container of carrots.

Our next mission - table manners!


I've fallen down on my commitment to the blog. I apologize for my lame attempt to catch up:
.
Michael and Barry had some extra help in the office last week.

M and I enjoyed time at Suwanee Town Center - playing in the fountains, lounging in the grass under a tree and taking advantage of the awesome weather.


We introduced Marshall to Georgia Football. Good thing he fell asleep after the 1st quarter.

And celebrated Labor Day by eating way to much delicious BBQ at Jennifer and Curt's.

3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Yeah, A Post! I was wondering what happened to you! Yep - once you have everything under control, they give you something else to worry about - it never ends. Looks like he's having a great time eating the carrots. I remember when Charlotte was eating in M's high chair and you said, "Oh boy, wait until Mike sees the mess she made" - and I just chuckled to myself knowing that M wasn't far behind with making messes!

Carrie Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!! Looks like he sure did enjoy those carrots!!! That picture is priceless.

Anonymous said...

THROW THE BOOKS AWAY MICHAEL!
aunt barb