Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Marshall's Room


Our empty guest room is looking more and more like a sweet baby boy's room finally! With "Grandma K's" help we've made some great progress over the last few months. And you'll notice by the title of this post, that we have settled on a name for our little papoose - Marshall Barry. Although for Michael's sanity I will insert a disclaimer that includes the following: We reserve the right to change the name of our unborn child at any time up until the point of discharge from the hospital.
The photo above is proof that you don't need a sewing machine to be crafty! Mom and I cut apart the valence that came with the bedset I ordered and stretched the material across a canvas backing to make wall hangings! Impressive, huh? Also, take note of the sign hanging below the window..."It's a jungle out there!" Found it at The Baby's Room in Norcross and I just loved it. It goes with Marshall's monkey/froggy theme perfectly! I should have taken a picture inside his closet. He's got such a cute wardrobe already! Just a few more things to add to the room and we will be ready for his arrival.

7 comments:

The Lanier Family said...

Marshall's room is so CUTE! Great job! He is a very lucky little boy!

Clh03uga said...

So cute!!!! I love it!!!! Love the name too.

Carrie Davis said...

Wow - Love it! Where was your mom when I needed wall hangings for Charlotte's room? He's one lucky kiddo. "Marshall Dawson" - just sounds like he'll be the most popular kid in school.

Carrie Beth said...

It looks so great! Also, I LOVE the name...Robby was kind of the same way with Handley's name...back and forth/wishy-washy and not wanting to commit to anything.

Anonymous said...

Love the name and the room!! So cute!

Drena said...

I really like the name too!! Good job..cute nursery!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

It looks great! And I love the name Marhall...precious!!