Seriously, anyone ever heard of this? I've seen the term used here and there on pregnancy websites and discussion boards...but always thought it was kind of funny. Based on what I know about them, I think Michael and I just took one last weekend...
We ventured to Hilton Head to stay with my Aunt and Uncle for the weekend. One final "hurrah", if you will. We packed our bags after work on Thursday in a matter of 10 minutes and headed for I-16. As we drove down the road I thought about how different our next trip to Hilton Head would be...the car most likely loaded down with baby equipment, beach toys, extra sunscreen, coolers, umbrellas, etc. and our baby boy in the back seat sleeping peacefully (well, er, WISHFUL THINKING). Then my mind wandered even more...just a couple more years down the road and payback will surely be in full swing..."when will be be there?... I'm hungry....he's touching me!" Ah, I sat back and enjoyed our drive the rest of the way.
We enjoyed our trip and all the extra sleep. Michael even got along with cat during our stay. We got to see Aunt Patty, Uncle Moe, and Aunt Barb. Aunt Patty even took a whole day to devote what I describe as the "beautification process". MIchael, in the meantime, participated in a bar-game triathlon with Uncle Moe since it was a rainy day. Dyed my hair dark and added some highlights...with a tint of auburn color just for fun! Very exciting seeing as that my hair is the ONLY physical thing I can control about my image right now.
We didn't bring our camera with us. I know, what good is a post about a trip when there are no pictures to go with it? Booo! I promise to post some entertaining photos soon.
1 comment:
enjoy these last few weeks. Your life is about to change!
Post a Comment