Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The home stretch...

29 weeks = Butternut Squash?

We've made it to the third trimester! Michael and I went to the doctor yesterday morning for our 29 week check-up. Baby D was not very cooperative during the ultrasound so we weren't able to get any good pictures of him this time. His head is down but turned toward my back so we couldn't get a shot of his little face. Little STINKER!

Doctor said he is growing right on track. He weights just over 3 lbs and is in the 68th percentile for size. Doc predicts he will be just around 8 lbs on his birthday. SPeaking of...our doctor let us know that he goes to Kentucky between Christmas and New Years every year. LOVELY! I started to panic but then realized that we are very fortunate to have been able to see the same doctor for every check-up. He has two other doctors who he partners with so they don't have to be on call 24/7. I guess it's fair to not expect someone to work every day of the year. And from what I hear, it's the nurses that get you through most of the process anyway.

We are going for check-ups every other week now. Stay tuned for more info.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Amen on the nurse comment :)

Clh03uga said...

I second the nurse comment! They made the whole thing SO MUCH better! I loved them! The doctor is just in there for a short time anyway! :)

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

m.m. had her head down facing my back at our 22 week ultrasound and it was so frustrating not getting to see her face! i know your pain!

Carrie Beth said...

Just another person to chime in about nurses. With Handley, he Dr. came in at the last minute and I hardly saw her at all. If you get great nurses, you'll be fine!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how fast the time is flying! Look forward to meeting Baby Dawson when we move home!!!

Drena said...

I'm jealous that you got another ultrasound. I don't think I get another before delivery.

Anonymous said...

Al, first of all, congratulations! Second, the nurses are a God-send. My nurse told me right off that "The doctors were only the catchers. The nurses were the ones who did all the work." So true. We only saw the doctor at the very end when it was time to "catch." haha!!
Love, Terah (kinser)DeFore