We pulled it off! I've been dying to blog about this for the last few months...and now that it is behind us I can finally do it. I was so excited about it! We had a surprise 60th birthday party for my Dad. Most of you know I don't keep secrets very well...this was a serious challenge. Luckily it went off without a hitch. We rented the banquet room of Ippolito's Italian restaurant (complete with plenty of garlic rolls and our own bar, of course) and managed to get 30 of dad's closest local friends and family together to celebrate the occassion. The "theme" was Fast Eddie...complete with an almost-life-size action cut-out of dad shooting hoops from his glory days. Fast Eddie was his nick-name (I've never asked for more details on that one...)
Here are some hilarious pictures from the event:
The big "reveal"

"Fast Eddie" and Old Eddie

Serenade by the Castrovinci ladies...and then the "roast" hosted by Uncle Moe.

No one deserved a party like this more than my dad. He's the best dad a girl could ask for.
2 comments:
What a fun party! You and Linda did such a great job organizing everything.
I'm glad it went so well!! Happy birthday to Fast Eddie! :)
Post a Comment