Friday, August 22, 2008

10 Year Time Warp

It was 1998 and Green Day's Good Riddance (you know, the song that goes ..."I hope you had the time of your life..") was blasting on the radio. Everything seemed so emotional, so momentous, so life-changing. That song always reminds me of the year I graduated from SHiloh High School. It played at every dance, every senior banquet, and every keepsake video from that year. Geez, I've always been such a sucker for mushiness.

Fast-forward, 10 years. LIttle did I know that wonderful college memories would linger, fabulous friends would be made along the way, a couple would be lost, I'd start a career, get married, buy a house, go through several different hairstyles, get my masters, gain a few pounds and then loose a few, start a family...then BAM...get an invitation to the Shiloh High School Class of 1998 10 year reunion! How did that happen so fast?!

Reunion Recap
One word to describe this event...OVERWHELMING! Seriously, I hadn't seen some of those folks since May 1998. WHat do you say? Where do you even start? It was a giant whirlwind! But all in all it was a total blast! It was so cool to see who got married to who, who has kids, who looks exactly the same. Michael had a better time then he expected too! Amazing how many folks came up to him to reminice about some rediculous prank or antic he pulled back in the day. Since Mike and I started dating in college most folks already knew we ended up together...but for those who didn't it was really fun to share the news with them! Who would have guessed!?

My favorite part of it all was my best and most dear friend from high school, Erin "Stark" and her husband, Zeb, spent the weekend with us. We had a great time together like we always do. SHe's one special friend who I can always pick up where I left off with.

Here are a few shots from the weekend and from the reunion. Unfortunately I did a terrible job of taking pictures during the whole ordeal...I was too busy running my mouth for the most part.

Some shots from out night at the Braves game with ERin and ZEb:









Class of '98 Ten Years Later

1 comment:

Drena said...

glad you had a great time! I loved mine too! sounds like a busy weekend....get some rest now mama!