Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby? Gas? Or just in my head?!


I'm not sure if I've crossed a milestone or not...I'm still trying to figure it out. But I swear I felt something going on in my lower abdomen the other night. THe amazing thing is that Michael felt it at one point too? It freaked him out actually. He gets this funny look on his face sometimes and it's like reality is sinking in...there really IS something in there, Mike.

It felt like a traveling bubble followed by some little popcorn popping feelings. Could Baby Dawson be letting his/her presence be known? Or maybe it was just gas (I have a lot of that these days)...or then again, it could be all in my head. I'm only 16 weeks along...I didn't think I was supposed to feel this for a few more weeks. We'll see if it happens again soon.

The belly is growing. I'm getting ready to post a picture on the 'ole blog so everyone can see. Especially those of you are are checkin' in from out of state. Stay tuned...

Baby Dawson is the size of an avacado this week. I think it is hilarious when books and websites compare babies to food. Hmmmm...speaking of...I could go for some chips and guacamole.

3 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

That is so your baby moving around!!! I felt Handley around 15 weeks and I always described it the same way you did...like popcorn popping.

Drena said...

I know exactly what you are saying....half the time I don't even know what the fruit looks like that it is comparing the size of the baby. Last week Oliver was the size of a turnip.

At 18 1/2 weeks I am still unsure if I have felt him too. I thought I have 3 times but nothing daily and I don't know if it was in my head. My friend that is 20 weeks says she hasn't felt her baby either. Waiting.....

Anonymous said...

Towards the end of my pregnancies, I could lay in the bathtub and literally watch my stomach morph over and over, completely changing shape in a matter of minutes. Ethan's kicks packed a huge punch, especially. Gabe got the hiccups on a regular basis. Still does today. :)