Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Chlorine Fever


The last three nights Michael and I have been glued to the TV watching the 2008 Olympic Swim Trials. I'm not sure why I am more into them this year than I have been in the past. It could potentially be related to the fact that I've got an ever-growing belly and undeniably huge boobs at the moment. With that in mind, it's pretty clear that my childhood dream of swimming in the Olympics is officially over (it was over before it even started but heck, that's why they call it a dream).

I'd be happy to enter a debate with anyone to argue that swimming is probably the best sport out there. I'm sure I'd be a different person today had I not grown up in the pool. I won't bore everyone with the why's and how's of what makes it such an awesome sport. But I will say that I think it is so exciting to see the sport pushed to the forefront during the Olympics. Once every four years this sport (and those who dedicate their lives to it) get the credit they deserve.

So tune in if you get a chance! Here's the link to the TV broadcasts:
http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?TabId=1062&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en&ItemId=1990&mid=3846

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

I agree, I think swimming is a pretty awesome sport. :) Soccer was the most prominent in my life, but I spent many summers swimming for the Spalding Corners Sharks...

Lauren said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one glued to the tv every night watching the trials!! :)