Friday, May 6, 2011

Strawberry Pickin'

I'm always proud of myself when we venture out to try new things together during the week.  Having a 2-year old forces you to get creative with field trips and more often than not, it usually something I've never done before either! 

Early this week we met some friends at a strawberry farm in Loganville, GA.  I've always laughed at all the booties sticking up in the air when I've driven by in the past...just never realized how much fun they were having! 

M was so entertained with the rows and rows of berries.  He kept saying "look at all these strawberries, mommy!"  We filled our big bucket in about 30 minutes and then stayed for a picnic since the weather was so nice.    We came home and promptly looked up a strawberry cake recipe that we whipped up together before Michael got home.  How's that for some mother/son bonding?! 

(I decided to take my tiny point/shoot camera with me this time...it was liberating not having to take care of the SLR and think about all the technicals of taking a good shot!)


Priceless....


Marshall's buddy, Will.  Such a cutie!

3 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to find a place near us to take the girls.

Clh03uga said...

Fun...I think Natalie just took MM. Makes me want to pick some strawberries and make a cake too! :)

Naomi said...

My mom, Grandmama, and I went today. The place was crawling with kids... but none were as cute as Marshall! :)