I started two weeks ago with my last ditch potty training effort with Marshall. I figured I would psych myself up, give it my best, and see what happened...if we failed, then it just wasn't time and we would wait 'till the end of the year and closer to his third birthday, after baby sister was well settled into our family.
I had a feeling M was ready...he had been ready for a while. I just took extra steps this time to prepare myself! We cleared the calendar of our normal activities and I planned to keep us at home for a week. I was armed with M&M's, and much fancier potty chart, and plenty of exciting activities to do at home. To my delight, M caught on super fast this time. We had very few accidents and I am proud to say we are 90% potty trained now!
We've even mastered the public toilet and are staying dry during naps and most nights. We are still using diapers for sleeping just in case....but I have a feeling we will be able to say goodbye to them all-together in just a few more weeks. It's a liberating feeling for all of us! So proud of my little man, the potty king, as I call him.
| King of the Potty |
And bonus... I get a three month vacation from role as Chief Diaper Changer.
3 comments:
Way to go Marshall AND MOMMY!!!
Awesome! LOVE that photo! He looks adorable.
Feels so good to have that behind you, doesn't it?!? Great job to you both!
Post a Comment