Monday, April 4, 2011

Soaking it all in

I'm not sure why three weeks have slipped by without a post to the 'ole blog.  I've been trying to focus on making the most of nap times and evenings these days, spending less time in front of the computer.  Big changes are on the horizon for our family, and I want so badly to soak it in so I can remember these days just as they are before the next phase begins.

Our guest room currently looks more like a storage unit but the good news is that we finally have a plan for it.  More on that later.  In the meantime, Marshall graduated into a "REAL" bed a few weeks ago. We ordered brand new furniture for his room, and took down his jungle nursery theme.  As most things have gone since I became a mom, it was much more emotional than I expected.  And now I peek my head in his room at night to see a little boy sleeping in a really big twin bed...sigh!  We are still waiting to add the finishing touches to his new room but I will be posting pix of that soon. He's very proud. 
We've been checking projects off our list for the last month or so.   Trying to sort through furniture, boxes of stuff, stuffed closets, and figuring out where it will all go when our baby girl arrives this summer. 

With the sunshine has come weekday adventures (including a trip to Athens to visit the Wells boys), yardwork (including one afternoon where Michael decided to burn our grass...don't have enough time for the post that one deserves), pollen, mastering of the tricycle, park visiting, duck feeding, car washing, pollen...and did I mention pollen?  


Workin' on his truck. (The helmet has been an accessory for all activities lately.)
I had my 20 week ultrasound last week that confirmed our baby girl is, in fact, a baby girl.   Baby is growing right on track...and so am I.  Marshall actually told me that my belly was looking "humongous" the other day.  She's moving a good bit now and we are getting ready to put some of those nursery ideas to action.  No specifics to share yet, but after all this blue, we are definitely doing PINK! 

Baby girl at 20 weeks.  Sweet and snuggly!
 
Happy Spring, everyone!  THanks for checking in on us.

1 comment:

Carrie Beth said...

Glad everything is going well with your pregnancy and that you are in fact having a GIRL!!! So much fun! Can't wait to see pics of the rooms.