Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Red Light, Green Light

There has been a lot of big boy stuff going on in our house these last few weeks.  I made the decision to put the red light on potty training for another month or two.  I can't say that M wasn't ready, I think it may have been more that I wasn't ready....wasn't ready to stay in the house for several days, wasn't ready to commit to my part of the job yet, and wasn't quite mentally ready to take it on full force. I started feeling inconvenienced and wondering if I was jumping the gun.  Yes, I know potty training IS inconvenient.  I just need plan and commit for our next go-at-it before we try again. 

We did, however, put the green light on moving M to his toddler bed.  Michael converted it a few weeks ago by taking the crib rail down.  Holy smokes, I don't think M would have been more excited if Broby, Muno, Plex, and the gang were right there in his room!  He was beside himself with joy.  It's been a seamless transition.  He sleeps like a champ and loves getting out of bed to "open the door for mom" when he wakes up.  It's a good thing because we just ordered the new big boy furniture this week, complete with a real, big boy bed.  Full speed ahead, folks!

(...and yes, that is a Hooters shirt that my 2-year old is wearing.  I don't win all the battles around here in our house.)



This is right before he told Michael to get out of his bed...

1 comment:

Carrie Beth said...

So glad that he is doing well in his bed!!! Potty training is not fun and definitely a lot of work for moms...I'm dreading doing it with Harper in a few weeks, but I know once it is done I'll be happy.