We are well into day three. I avoided the boot camp style training. Just don't think either one of us could handle be couped up like that when the sun in shining and parks are calling our names. THe book I read recommends training them in sessions instead of locking yourselves in the house all day playing the "gotta pee-pee?" game. Monday we hung out in the big boy undies for two hours, yesterday it was four hours and today the same. Something seemed to click with M halfway through yesterday's session. He started telling me he needed to go on his own and then heading toward the bathroom. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. It's been relatively painless and pretty successful. I've still got very low expectations. Most boys aren't ready for this until 2 and a half, but if we can get through it with relatively little frustration, I'll take it in hopes that I may have a break from diapers for a month or two before we start over again. :)
| Step 1: Undies and juice... |
| Step 2: The potty sticker chart... |
| Step 3: Carry on with normal stuff in our undies... |
2 comments:
Go Marshall! (And Mama!)
Sounds like he is doing great!
Post a Comment