My dear, old friend, Erin, and her daughter, Morgan, came to stay with us this weekend. I could go on and on about how my friendship with Erin is just the best...I'm pretty sure I have done that on this blog a few times so I'll spare the mushy sappy stuff this time. I just love and treasure her and all the time we have remained best friends (since middle school). I was so excited for them to arrive. I hadn't seen Morgan since she was about three months old and she is now two weeks away from her first birthday. And in baby-time, you know how quickly things change!
Marshall was a great big brother to baby Morgan for the weekend. He insisted on kissing her goodnight and making sure he knew what she was up to at all times. I can't say he wasn't a little territorial during their stay, especially when it came to sharing his dad, mom and grandparents with her. He kept reminding her that I was "his mommy" and that was "his high chair" (that he refuses to sit in any other day). It was definitely a good practice run for our future here in the Dawson house. ;)
| Could she get any cuter? |
Michael must have known how much I needed a great visit with Erin because he did everything he could to make sure we had great girl time. He took care of M at night at made sure our guests had everything they needed...such a good host and husband. Erin and I got to stay up after the kiddos went to sleep and just talk and talk and talk, making up for our lack of time to chat on the phone these days.
Saturday we ventured out to the park and took the kids to get ice cream and pizza. We talked about how fun it would be to be able to share days at the park together in our normal routines but agreed we were so grateful to have at least a weekend.
Thanks for a great visit, girls!
1 comment:
Morgan is so cute and looks exactly like Erin!!
Post a Comment