Michael turned 30 on Sunday. I've been saying "finally turned 30" because I hit the milestone a few years ago. Even though I'm just a year and a half older, this was one birthday I couldn't wait to help him celebrate...you know, so he could cross over to the other side and join me as a thirty-something!
He's got so much to be proud of at this ripe age of 30. And since I've known him since he was probably 14, I feel like I can truly testify to the fact that this guy has had a great ride so far. He's got heart that has taken him further than he realizes and a pile of stories that could entertain for hours . He's grown into a wonderful husband, father, and man. I'm so grateful he is ours!
On Friday we rented a boat up at the lake for the morning to kick off the birthday weekend. When we returned home, Marshall and I surprised Michael with his gift...a Big Green Egg Chiminea - perfect for drinkin' beer and "tellin' lies" around. It was such a great day for our little family. Saturday we ventured to the other side of Atlanta for MIchael's cousin's wedding and Sunday we enjoyed the weather and watched the end of the Masters. We've still got the "real" celebrating to do this upcoming weekend.
Happy, Happy 30th Michael! We love you.
| Buddies. |
| Can you tell how proud this kid is of his dad? |
| Birthday surprise! |

1 comment:
Happy 30th Michael!!! I love the pictures of Marshall in his UGA visor. I don't know what it is about little boys in visors, but they are just so stinkin cute!
Post a Comment