He has been so into Christmas this year that I actually started to worry about the transition back to normalcy once the tree comes down and the decorations go back in the attic. We started today and luckily he was just as happy to pull (er, pull and throw) a bunch of ornaments off the tree as he was to put them on. All I have to say is, thank goodness I switched to plastic balls this year.
Christmas Eve was spent with my family at Mom and Dad's in our traditional fashion...home made pizza, sausage, and Grandpa C's specialty...the olives. Don't forget the OLIVES! Marshall worked the crowd of relatives like a pro and flat wore himself out. We had a little after-party at our house with my brother, sister-in-law, and cousin that led to a late start on the assembly of Marshall's train table set but it was worth it. We don't get those opportunities very often. Mike and I finally crashed into bed around Midnight or 1:00 I think. Doh, now I understand why mom and dad were always so exhausted on Christmas morning. :)
| My Dad's "Dancing Santa" finally had someone to dance with this year... |
M was thrilled with Santa's delivery. But after about 20 minutes he did ask, "Where's the choo choo train!?" Ha, ha, ha! Thank goodness there was one upstairs waiting to be discovered. Whew, our little man had this thing figured out.
Christmas dinner followed at the Dawson house where we feasted on delicious ham, turkey, and all the fixings. Marshall would have been content if no one else was there but his two cousins. Thank goodness they don't mind entertaining him because I am not sure he would give them any other option. He even made Ethan comb his hair after bath time. Snow started to fall sometime around dinner and the boys ran out to catch a few flakes in their mouth. At that point everything just felt perfect. It was a wonderful Christmas! Until next year....
| Poor Gabe graciously sharing his new game with Mr. Marshall! |
No comments:
Post a Comment