Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finger Painting Gone Wild

I invited Carrie and Charlotte over today for a little mid-week fun.  These summer days have been long and hot...but we do our best around here to keep things interesting and fun.  Sometimes that requires some good mess making in the process.  My grand idea was to have a finger painting party in our driveway.  That lasted all of about 5 minutes before someone discovered that finger paints not only look good on paper, but all over our bodies.  What followed consisted of hysterical laughter as Charlotte chased Marshall around trying to paint his body, then deciding to take off her Hello Kitty undies and "run free".    There is something liberating about letting your kids make a huge mess and then hosing them off in a soapy backyard bath. 

...and this is when the real fun began...
























M contemplating the situation....

Charlotte will help!



3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

We had a blast! I was laughing so hard at one point, I really thought I would pee in my pants. :) Thanks for being the kind of mom that's not afraid to make a mess. Love ya!

Renee said...

Too cute! I love that last picture where he is looking at the paint on his chest.

Stephanie Gallman said...

Allison, I love reading your blog because you write exactly the way you speak. My how far we've come since the days in Mell Hall. What a beautiful family you have! So proud of you. That Marshall is one lucky kid and if I ever meet him, I'm going to tell him he hit the jackpot with a mom as cool as you. Hope to see you soon!