Friday, September 3, 2010

Earning Our Stripes

We are usually pretty healthy here in the Dawson house, except for ear infections.  Honestly, those don't bother us so much because we are all so familiar with the drill that follows - one screaming night, the pink stuff, better in 1.5 days...done. 

This week is a different story.  We haven't had decent sleep in three nights.  After listening to M wheeze and wheeze and struggle to catch his breath for a day (all while sounding horse) I took him to the doc to learn that he has CROUP.   This stuff is not fun...it is ugly.  Really ugly.  And it sounds even worse.   It can last 3 - 5 days....loooong days, I tell ya.  We are watching too much TV for our own good and eating ice cream and bananas only.  Hoping the steroids can speed things along.  I would say the only good thing about Croup is the family slumber we had last night together in our bed and the sight of M's feet propped up on his dad's belly this morning when we woke up (you know, taking advantage while he can).

At least we managed to have a little fun before the funky junk arrived....

Taking dad's childhood horse out for a ride...

Like I've said a million times...who needs toys?!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Feel better, little guy.

I laughed all week thinking about Marshall and Lou's "bump heads." He's so sweet.