Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's the little things

...that make me an emotional mess about watching my little boy grow up.  Maybe I didn't really realize how quickly all this happens.  And maybe some days I just get caught up in our daily giggle-tatrum-hugs-kisses-mess making-teaching-entertaining-making sure he eats enough vegetables-routine.  And I don't stop to notice how quickly he is growing and changing and turning into a litttle man of his own. 

He's been protesting his high chair for a week now.  Standing in it and grinning ear to ear...over and over again, asserting his independence.  I finally gave up and realized the high chair is behind us.  I took him to Wal-Mart a few days ago and we bought a big boy booster seat.  Now he is sitting at the table like a true member of the family.  Not only is he sitting in his new big boy seat but he is also telling me to put him in his "booooooster seeet".   

Our wooden high chair is still in the corner of the kitchen.  Mom and Dad bought it for us a few years ago.  We were so excited that we assembled the darn thing right away and have had it in our kitchen since two months before Marshall was even born... and five months before the little guy could manage to sit upright in it.  I suppose we could put it away in the closet for now until it is called back into duty....but  dang, I just can't do it yet.  I am in total denial.  Heaven help us when he is finished with his crib, starts kindergarten, goes to college....ay, yay, yay.

First time in his high chair...sigh.....

1 comment:

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

ha!! this is hilarious--we just moved mm officially out of her high chair on monday! that's so funny...they're so close in age and going through the exact same thing at the same time! :-)
{but i'm not sad to see her's go...it was blocking one of my doors in my {very small} kitchen--haha!}