Monday, January 4, 2010

1 Year

One year since I nudged Mike at 2 am and told him he better take a shower...NOW.
One year since he told me I was having another "false alarm"
One year since we made the early morning call to our parents so they could sound the ALARM for all the world to know he was on his way!
One year since we first laid eyes on our baby boy.
One year since we first heard his cry.
One year since we became a family.
One year since we became new people.
One year since our house became a home.
One year since time started to pass at warp speed.
One year since we felt a love we had never before.

One year since the greatest blessing of our lives.

Happy First Birthday, Baby Marshall!

__________________________________________________

Enough sap, I know. Words just can't express what it feels like to watch our baby Little Dog have his first birthday. So much of this past year has been full of loving and learning and growing.

Our family gathered at our house this weekend to help us celebrate! The theme was none other than "Mickey Mouse" complete with mouse ears for all party go-ers (I'm the mom - I get to break out all the cheese I want!). Marshall enjoyed his party more than I ever imagined he would.

Here is a clip from his Birthday Cake smashing...er, not so smashing. What? He didn't want to dive in and lick that buttercream all up in style? is this kid really mine? HOnestly, I think he was trying to figure out why everyone he knows was in our kitchen singing and wearing weird things on their heads.






Marshall enjoying his new rocking chair from Grammy & Grandaddy

My first rookie mom birthday party mistake...good moms take a picture of the cake before they dig in.

6 comments:

Drena said...

Happy Bday Lil Dawg! Congrats to you and Michael on a year well done. Cheers!

Carrie Beth said...

I can't believe he is one!!! Happy Birthday Marshall.

Carrie Davis said...

Happy Birthday Dear Marshall! I can't believe you are one! Good job Mom and Dad - you made it through the first year with a happy healthy little guy.

Lauren said...

Happy birthday Marshall! Davis can't wait to see you again.

Jennifer Stoeckig said...

I STILL forget to take pictures of the cake before we cut it!!!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday Marshall! And congrats to you for making it through the first year!!