I'm not sure what this blog is. Basically it has become mostly an account of things our little guy does that make us smile mixed in with a crock pot recipe every once in a while and perhaps an update on recent family events. I tried making it more interesting by adding a "What I'm Reading" widget a few weeks ago...but then decided to take it down because my list was not changing. Seriously, 15 minutes each night was not going to make that part of the ole blog any more entertaining. So, thanks for hanging in there with me even though the Dawson Spectacle has become a mish mosh of topics that mostly include our kid.
Today, it's a home improvement blog.
Mike and I have felt recharged lately...ready to work on our house again after about a year off. We started by freshening up our master bath. We didn't spend a lot of money but added a few nice touches that I think came out nicely.
- Repainted
- Added a cool chandelier (that one is still up for debate...we may be returning and getting a new one...I'm hoping it starts to grow on Mike before that happens.)
- Hung a dark bamboo shade on the large window above the tub. Sorry, not a great picture of that one but it really warmed the place up.
- Bought new monogrammed towels to replace our old ones we got when we got married seven years ago.
Before shot
After![]()

5 comments:
I think it looks fabulous! I love the rug (which I know you had previously - but love it!) I like the new light fixture.
Love it! It definitely looks more polished and I really like that chandelier!
And I like the hodge-podge, ever changing nature of your blog. Is that how real life is?
Looks great! Really warmed it up.
Naomi and Louie must be inspiring you guys!
Don't fret over your blog. Just roll with it and whatever you want to talk about know that we are here listening! :)
Ha, Allison and Mike have always been ahead of us in home improvement ways (well in all ways period!). If only the blog had been around during the "tile the kitchen counters" adventure!
Hate to say this but I really check your blog for the Marshall pictures and stories since they always make me smile!
Post a Comment