Back when I first created this blog, The Dawson Spectacle, I spent a good amount of time thinking about an appropriate name. Spectacle seemed to describe this household pretty accurately. It seemed that between Mike and I, we are always figuring out ways to get ourselves into predicaments...whether it was tackling a home improvement project that was waayyy over our heads (note to self: it is worth paying a professional for any tile projects), or making a big exciting purchase only to return it a few days later (including dogs), or Micheal needing to have some sort of emergency trip to the hospital. Since M came along we seem to have slowed our antics down some.
But every once in a while, we return to our "roots". I told Michael this one was to good not to share. A recount from yesterday (a la Michael) -- definitely good for a mid-week chuckle.
Shortly after leaving an appointment with a customer down in College Park, I stopped off at a Shell Station across from the railroad tracks, off VA Avenue, to use the bathroom. After locking the door and using the restroom I realized that the door lock was BROKEN. The lock would turn but the bolt wouldn't budge. I banged on the door for a while. No response. The cash register was too far away so no one heard me. So, I Googled the gas station on my Blackberry and called them. Someone must have picked up the phone and sat it on the counter. I could hear them talking, but no response to my plea for help. I hung up and tried to call back a few minutes later but the phone remained off the hook. So, with no other options, I called my Dad who I knew was back in the office. He told me it would take him at least 45 minutes, but he would come to my rescue if I really needed him to...but first he suggested calling my customer who was a few miles away. I told him no way I was going to do that..."um, hi, this is Michael....would you mind rescuing me from the Shell bathroom?" I needed a plan. I banged on the door some more, and someone pushed on it from the other side. When I said "hey, I need some help in here!" they ran away (who knows what they thought was going on in there).
In a last ditch effort before calling my customer or 911, I took a two step flying leap and kicked the lock and it opened. All of this after nearly 30 minutes of being trapped.
Wonders never cease. This stuff always happens to me. If you haven't heard the one about the gas station robbery from this summer, ask me about it next time you see me.
-Michael
5 comments:
HA! HA! HA! Poor Michael! That's pretty funny. If he ever gets stuck in college park again he can call Judd. :) he's right there at the airport.
That's so funny! It's always something! Thanks for sharing. :)
Too funny! I'll have to hear the other story!
That is hilarious! I would have freaked out! Thanks for sharing that story!!
Oh my gosh!!! I would have been freaking out. Glad he got out OK! :-)
Post a Comment