Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas in Suwanee

It's quiet now.  The red and green (and plastic tree) will be going back into the attic this afternoon.  But what a wonderful, wonderful time we had!  I think we were all looking forward to this Christmas a little more this year - our baby Marshall's First Christmas!  The excitement is back...experiencing this magical holiday through a child's eyes...nothing compares. 

We spent Christmas Eve with the Kirchner gang.  Marshall's grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles, and his best dog-friend Shamous kept him smiling all night.





M woke up on Christmas day to a new tent and tunnel, toys, and lots of books.  We traveled down the road in the afternoon to have Christmas dinner at the Dawson house with Grammy, Granddaddy, Aunt Jen, Uncle Curt and the cousins.  Unfortunately, our little guy came down with a nasty ear infection and we had to take him straight to the Pediatrition the day after Christmas.  He was a trooper though and really didn't let it stop him from having fun with his cousins.

Christmas morning


Cousins!



Santa surprised me with new FLIP video camera.   So, so excited about this! Watch out...now I can really be a crazy mom paparazzi. 

I spent much of the past few days thinking about this time one year ago.  I was huge (seriously huge) and it seemed that the days and hours couldn't go by any slower.  I was avoiding soft cheeses missing out on my favorite stinky cheese and cocktails.  Boy was I ready to get the show on the road!  I was actually dilated for two and a half weeks before I went into labor so we were all ready to be in the hospital on Christmas.  Little did we know just how much our lives were about to change and how much our hearts would grow in just a years time!  Marshall's first Christmas was worth the wait! 

Side note update: 

Mr. Marshall has now mastered
  • The finger point
  • Waving hello and goodbye
  • New noises and sounds. His favorite is "zooom!  zoom!"  Thanks to his generous family he now has a whole new fleet of flashing, beeping, talking cars and trucks.
  • Walking, walking, walking!

2 comments:

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

precious pics!!
and you'll love the flip. i have so many random videos of mm b/c i always have it with me. :-)
merry christmas!

Naomi said...

That tunnel looks super fun!