Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

This weekend I enjoyed my very first mother's day as a mom. I hardly considered myself worthy of this important holiday since I have only been part of the "club" for four months. THere are billions of women out there that have been devoting their lives to this job for a lot longer then I have, including our own mothers who have 30+ years under their belt. Talk about two women who truly deserve a day of rest and recognition!

Despite my short mom resume, Michael did an awesome job of making me feel like I deserved this day as much as anyone else. He arranged for our Grammy/Granddaddy babsitters to come over on Saturday night while he took me to a local mexican restaurant for margaritas, pulled Marshall morning duty on Sunday, presented me with my favorite candies and chocolates and a sweet card signed by he and Little Dog, shoulder massaged, bottle washed, and the list goes on.

We introduced Marshall to the swimming pool Sunday afternoon as well! Water was still pretty chilly but he enjoyed stomping around on the steps in his swim trunks, sunglasses and fishin' hat. With as much as he loves bathtime I know we will have lots of fun at the pool this summer together!
.

Finally, congrats to my brother Lou! He completed the Gulf Coast Half Ironman in less than five hours! And brought home third place for his age group. We are so proud!

1 comment:

Carrie Davis said...

Congrats on your first Mother's Day - sounds like it was a really good one!