
I have been a stay at home mom now for almost a month. It is without a doubt the best job I have ever had in my life. Some things I have learned over the past few weeks...
- I can get a lot more done around the house than I ever expected (thanks to Baby Bjorn, naptimes and the fact that Marshall can be entertained by simple things like swinging clean underwear in his face while folding clothes!)
- There is a domestic deeva that has been hiding inside me! I am testing new recipes, using my crockpot on a regular basis for the first time ever, planting flowers, decorating my house...cleaning baseboards and blinds! (yeah, that last one has really shocks me too)
- I really like to read! I have read several good books lately...something I felt like I never had time to do before. One by Dr. Laura about Stay at Home Moms (highly recommend) and the Fair Tax Book (which I have been meaning to read for three years now - should be required reading for everyone out there. Seriously.)
- My thoughts and perceptions on staying at home have totally changed - Had you told me a year ago that this is what I would be doing now, I would have never believed you. There is no way I would be stimulated enough, I have a masters degree, what about all those years I spent working on my career? I was convinced that I would continue working and supporting my family financially and hold our home together as mom at the same time. Now I realize that, while there are definitely challenges and sacrifices involved, supporting them by providing a loving, caring, clean home and less stressful life is worth just as much...and more!
- I love being a mom more then I ever could have imagined. Marshall is learning and changing so much every day. Being at home during this time is such a blessing. His smiles are the best paycheck I've ever received...and I don't even have to wait for the 15th and 30th of each month to get them!
3 comments:
I'm so happy to read this post and hear that your time at home is going so well. I know being a SAHM isn't for everyone, but I just love it and am glad you do too!
...I'm getting teary eyed! Every
Mom should be able to experience
this...and thanks to Michael too,
for his support!...Love, Aunt Barb
Awesome! I feel like a slacker now!! :) I haven't read, my house is much less clean than before, I don't cook, but I do take good care of the baby!! I wish Oli Bear was entertained so easily. I'll use that as my excuse now!
Post a Comment