SAHM (stay-at-home-mom)...that's my new professional suffix! I'm dropping the MBA for a while because I've been hired by the toughest boss in town - Mr. Marshall. Probably the easiest hard decision I have ever made in my life. After many weeks and days and hours of thinking, Michael and I decided together that this is the best thing for our little family. I promised myself I would give the life of a working mom of an infant a genuine, solid try before any decisions were made. It was the only way we could make a decision we were 100% confident in. I made it official this last Thursday. I will be a stay-at-home-mom starting May 1st.
A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It feels so good to listen to my heart and take a leap of faith that I know I will never regret. Tears fill my eyes as I envision the days ahead of being able to be a part of my son's daily smiles, giggles, cries and poops. So, so, so grateful for this opportunity.
9 comments:
Congrats!! That is awesome news! Maybe me, you, and Carrie and the kids can all get together one Friday to visit! I'd love to meet Marshall.
Congratulations on your decision. I know it was a really hard one. Loved the picture of your baby sweetie in his hat.
Love,
Mrs. A
I know you and M will have LOTS of fun together. I'm very happy for you - and a teeny bit jealous :)
Allison, that is so wonderful! Congratulations! It is definitely a huge leap of faith losing that extra paycheck but you will make it work!! I felt the same way but knew I was supposed to be home!!
Well worth it!!! So glad you can be home with Marshall :) Can't wait for another play date!
Good news, and I am sure you will be happy. Would love to get together when you are home again.
A decision you will never regret. I'm happy for you.
Al, I'm so proud of this leap of faith! And I'm so ready for Village Manor pool time this summer! I'm already missing Marshall even after seeing him at Easter.
Welcome to the club!!! As you already know, it's the toughest job you'll ever love. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. Now this means we'll have to meet up sometime soon. :-)
Post a Comment