Friday, April 17, 2009

Ode to The Ladies That Lunch



My time at Cox/Manheim is coming to an end very soon. While I am thrilled beyond belief about what lies ahead in my new role as SAHM to my sweet little boy, I have bittersweet feelings about leaving my co-workers behind. They are so much more than co-workers...they are some of my dearest friends. I have worked with Jessica (my current boss) for nearly seven years. I met her when I was 22 years old and fresh out of college. She witnessed my transition into the 'real world' (as I used to call it) and supported me as I started my career and continued to grow in the years to come. I have learned so much from her.

A year later, Lindsay joined us. It was at that point that we became the amazing trio. Lindsay and I suffered through the quarter-life crisis together and become wonderful friends. She has a fabulous personality whose smile is contagious.

The three of us coined ourselves as the "Ladies That Lunch" and quickly became a tight team recognized by many as a force to be reckoned with. We have loved to work hard and play hard together...and gawd, do we have some good belly laughs! Being a part of a team with these two has been such a fun ride. I will miss them deeply and will always cherish them as special friends.

No comments: