Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Child of Blessing, Child of Promise


We celebrated Marshall's Holy Baptism this past Sunday. It was the most perfect day...full of special meaning, family and friends. We were so proud of our little man. He had a large fan club in the pews supporting him including grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and our friends the Davis'. He did great - smiled at the pastor and even let him walk him around introducing him to the congregation. He did, however, manage to let out a nice belch right as I handed him over to be baptized!
.
Afterwards, the Dawson's hosted a wonderful brunch at their home to celebrate. Marshall slept through half of his own party but thankfully woke up after a while to take pictures and thank everyone for joining in his big day. Arlene made these super cute party favors but we forgot to pass them out before everyone left - so I'm posting a picture of them instead! There were adorable.
.

I have always been grateful that my parents made a commitment to making sure church was a part of our lives. As I got older, I realized this was one of the greatest gifts they ever gave me. I know Michael feels the same. I can only pray that Marshall feels that as well one day and learns to understand the meaning of his baptism so that he may use his gifts and graces in ways that make Him smile upon him.
.
Oh, and the title of this post is the name of a favorite song of mine from church...and they happened to sing it for us Sunday!

No comments: