Friday, April 24, 2009

Ahhhhhh!!!

That is the sound of my heart today! Marshall and I are back together again! It is the most wonderful, content feeling in the world. Yesterday was my last day at work and I am back home with my baby boy.

The ladies at daycare were very sad to see him go. We all got a little teary when I took him home last night. His little girlfriend, who is 2 weeks older then him, had her last day yesterday as well. Her mom is taking a leave of absense from teaching for a year. Miss Edna told me that Marshall got the little girl's digits though. :) I can imagine they see this happen often...moms making it just a month or two and then bailing. It's just so hard to leave your baby at that age.

I feel like I haven't seen him in a month! Since he started going to bed a 7 PM a few weeks ago I was only getting 45 minutes in the morning and 2 hours at night with him. It's wonderful to witness his day in person instead of reading about it on a sheet of paper. This is with no doubt the best decision I have ever made.

3 comments:

Marylu Odom said...

I'm happy for you. There will be long hard days, but every one will be worth it.

Clh03uga said...

SO worth it! And he will benefit so much from the one on one time with you! Then when he turns two and a half and the tantrums start you'll want to send him to someone else all day. :-) kidding...sort of. ha ha

Carrie Beth said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I bet Marshall will love having his mommy around all day.