Baby Sister turned two months old early this week. I'm beginning to pull clothes out of her drawers that are becoming snug. It makes me a little sad. While I know there are wonderful, happy milestones and events ahead, I'd rather wait for them a little longer. This is (most likely) our last baby...and she is growing too fast!
All my emotions aside, she is just a joy! She continues to be an easy baby with sweet, sweet smiles for anyone who wants to baby talk to her. She is beginning to notice her brother and it appears that he has begun to consider her a permanant part of our family. I'm starting to wonder if he remembers what life was like without her? When she is not around, he asks where she is. He helps us take care of her by throwing away diapers and replacing passies that have fallen out of her mouth. When she is crying he informs me that "..she needs a boob, mommy". hahaha! We are mastering the art of venturing out together with two kids in tow. I even pulled off a small trip to Wal-Mart this week with the both of them by myself.
Summer's 2 Month Stats:
Height: 23" (75%)
Weight: 11 lbs. 3 oz (50%)
At 2 Months, Summer is:
- Sleeping in her crib like a big girl. (We moved her out of the bassinet at 6 weeks)
- Usually goes to sleep around 9:00 PM and wakes up around 6 or 6:30 AM. I'm waking up with her twice a night still. She'll usually give me a good 4 or 5 hour stretch but then we are up ever 2-3 hours after that. Hoping she hits a stride sometime soon and let's me sleep a good 7 hours...whew, it would feel wonderful.
- Trying to nap in her crib but still prefers her vibrating bouncey seat. We seem to replace the D battery it takes every week.
- Still nursing like a champ (and burning my extra 500 calories/day for me).
- Working on taking milk from a bottle. This is not something she loves but we working on it so that I can be apart from her for more than a few hours at some point. Michael and I have an overnight trip w/no kids planned in December so that is our motivation!
- Really starting to enjoy her play mat. She swats at the toys while big brother cheers her on.
- Loves to talk with anyone who smiles at her and tells her how sweet she is.
3 comments:
Marshall is a hoot!
I just laughed out loud at Marshall!
Sounds like she is doing great!
Post a Comment