Friday, July 15, 2011

Big Boy Room

Marshall transitioned to a big boy bed earlier this year.  It was a surprisingly seamless, easy process (as was potty training).  I guess we paid our dues during the baby/toddler phase when he was the only kid I knew his age who wasn't consistently sleeping through the night and napping no longer than 45 minutes at a time!

We invested in new furniture for him that I hope will last well into his teenage years.  Since I basically hijacked the design of his nursery with cute froggies and monkeys, I let Michael decide what kind of room we would give M for his big boy set-up.  They share a mutual love for airplanes so that is what it became.  We kept the furniture pretty simple to give him as much play space as possible.  He's quite proud of his new room....here it is!

His new storage bed...the entire frame is built with space to store baskets and blankets underneath. 
I found this bulletin board at Hobby Lobby and painted the stars to match his room before gluing them on...feeling crafty!
Fell in love with prints like these from PBK but they were permanently sold out. 
Thanks to Etsy, I recreated them on my own!



There is a story behind the model airplane on his dresser.  I found it at a consignment shop months ago and it was bright yellow and blue.  It definitely didn't match anything in his room but I bought it for him anyway because he loved it.  Michael, being the perfectionist that he is, decided to re-paint it to match our new colors.   I swear he sanded, painted, disassembled, re-sanded, glued, for probably three weeks straight.  This thing could be a collector's item now...and of course matches perfect and it is M's favorite thing in his room.

No comments: