Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lucky

This past Sunday we ventured 30 minutes north to a cute park called Sells Mill for an annual fall family picnic.  In years past we have joined the masses at Burt's Farm near Amicolola but it just seemed to be getting more and more crowded every year.  Michael's mom discovered our new picnic destination and it was perfect. 

We feasted on delicious food and laughed and caught up.  The cool thing about this family picnic is that it included both sides of our family - the Kirchners the Dawsons/Stoeckigs.  I've mentioned before that we all live within a few miles of one another, but the fact that we all enjoy each other's company makes being a family so easy.  



Friendly game of corn hole amongst fathers and sons-in-laws

The cool cousins
When Marshall has an opportunity to work a crowd full of all his relatives he tends to get a little worked up...and figures out a way to milk every. single. minute. of. it. I think I can speak for us all in saying that it was a great afternoon. We missed having Ucle Woo and Ant Omi there with us! (they were busy after returning from a marathon in Michigan...making up for all the calories we were consuming)



3 comments:

Naomi said...

What good looking families! Looks like a fun day.

Carrie Beth said...

What a fun idea and tradition! Looks like everyone had a great time.

The Lanier Family said...

I want to be adopted! Looks like fun! :)