Monday, October 18, 2010

The Game Ranch...revisited

I took Marshall to the Yellow River Game Ranch back in the spring with his Aunt Jennifer and cousins.  At the time he was still a little overwhelmed with the crazy roosters, turkeys, and over-the-top friendly deer.  We thought we would give it another try this past weekend after planning a day-o-fun with the Wells family. 

I always laugh at how redneck the place is - socialized deer and squirrels, pvc pipes that stick out from the cages so you can feed the animals...oh, and General Boureguard Lee, the local groundhog who lives in his own white column mansion.   Honestly, I always thought it was a normal place when I was a kid.  I guess that's because it was just down the street from the house I grew up in.  Visiting as an adult is nostalgic and hilarious...and the kids love it!  OH, and it is cheap...supercheap. They have also added a few more "exotic" animals to the ranch since I was a kid including buffalo and a cougar. 

Marshall, Cooper and Zac were three peas in pod.  It just makes me smile to see our boys together after all the years of history and friendship between the parents. 

Thanks Wells fam for a great afternoon!  


Checking out the black bears



Stinky pigs!



Like I said, just a little redneck...


 

No comments: